You are worried about continuous calorie rise, double chin or bloated bellies? All you need to do is modify a few daily habits that are packing up calories. Here are presenting a few tips to keep a check on your weight while enjoying food to the fullest.
- Measure your weight daily. Among the early morning chores weighing machine also get to be on your list. Note down your weight on daily basis.
- Have a good breakfast. Don’t rely on a biscuit alone. Go for a cup of milk and a vegetable sandwich. The secret is that the better breakfast you eat the lesser you crave for snacks.
- Eat slowly. Don’t rush. Science says that our brains tell us when we are hungry and when we are full. It takes some time for our brain to signal fullness; therefore if we eat quickly we’ll eat more than our stomach desires.
- While eating, only eat. Multitasking while meals distract you from your need and intake balance. Attend to your food and enjoy it.
- Don’t give up, just lessen. Abandoning food is silly. Portion your plate into two halves. Eat one half and the other half is for the ducks.
- One big sign board on the fridge. Your fridge should read “I might destroy your calorie count darling” or “Think before you act (EAT)”.
- Give yourself a choice. In a day it’s either a snack time or dessert time. If you’re craving for a dessert then you’re missing snacks of the day for sure.
- Take the stairs. Don’t miss out any chance to burn even a single calorie. Taking the stairs make you active and smarter.
- Walky talky, Whenever you’re on a call try to walk instead of sitting and chatting. You’ll lose pounds without even knowing.
- Lunch box. Don’t forget to take the lunch box to work. It’s a healthy alternative to restaurants and junk not to mention cheaper as well.
- Signal yourself. Brushing your teeth after every meal keeps you signaling not to munch on any extra crumb till your next meal time.
- Clear the counter. Your kitchen counter should not have anything to eat, so no mouthwatering.
- Never eat from the snack bag. Take out the snack on the plate and eat.
- Cut down drinking calories. Soda and frizzy drinks tear down your chart. Drink water or fresh lime instead.
You can always top up these habits with some resistance and cardio training. Jogging, exercising or swimming are fun to do. You don’t have to work out for hours, have a positive workout period. Resting after every small interval helps you regain strength for another interval towards flawless physique. Hard cardio is never advisable. Monitor your heart rate and don’t make it a punishment for yourself. Resistance training including light weights lifting or using your own body weight to exercise can change not just your size but would make you look 5-10 years younger. The key is to make it sure that you exercise regularly to attain and maintain the calorie count.
Ali Jan Qadir is passionate about art, food and fitness. He loves to shares things he has learned by experience. He is a contributor for http://www.thebest-mattress.org where he answers questions like what is the best bed for bad back. If you want to learn more about him visit his twitter profile @alijanness.